08 January 2009

1984 Drunken Father Ad

This was an ad that ran on Canadian television in the early 80's as part of a social awareness campaign to curb people's drinking habits. The father (who is obviously shmangled) cannot fix his son's General Lee car, and sends him to his room out of frustration. Many of my friends recall this ad and talked about it for years. Some thought it was a horrible scenario and felt bad for this kid. However, my sister and I thought this was uproariously funny and laughed every time it came on (which disturbed my mother to no end). What can I say? We were warped children.

Many thanks to Brian who found this nostalgic piece of my childhood on YouTube!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no matter how drunk i've ever got, I've always been able to fix a General Lee.